Despite a lot of effort, and rigorous exercise, you don’t see any results. You have been following a strict diet chart, but still your weight does not budge down? Now, before you completely get de-motivated, and fight against your body, to get in shape, let me tell you that sometimes there are medical tendencies in a person’s body which becomes a barrier in the progress. Here is an answer to your queries, there are some imbalances in our body due to which no matter how much a person can exert himself towards getting slimmer or getting into a perfect shape he will never succeed.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome– as the name suggests, this kind of imbalance is found in women. This condition is marked by the presence of multiple cysts in the ovaries of a female. A cyst is an accumulation of fluid, which is surrounded by a thin wall. It can be as small as that of a pea and as big as an orange. The bigger cyst can even make a woman look pregnant even though when she is not. This can make one look abnormally fat. This causes an inability in a woman for not losing weight. This imbalance also has an abnormality called as hirsutism, where a woman gets hair growth in ares where there is generally no hair growth. There are other symptoms that follow, like:
- Male pattern baldness
- Weight gain
- Hypothyroidism - it is such a condition when the thyroid glands produce an adequate amount of the hormone called the thyroid hormones. The symptoms of Hypothyroidism are just like that of obesity. Under such conditions a person tends to gain weight all of a sudden, his hair starts falling and become dull, the same goes with the skin. Skin becomes dull and pale, depression supersedes and as mentioned earlier there is inability in losing weight. In women, they find problems in conceiving and then once they conceive there are chances of sure miscarriage.
- Type 2 diabetes – it is a condition when the sugar level is increased in the blood, which could either be due to low or adequate insulin level, and moreover the cells do not tend to utilize that insulin which is excreted by the pancreas. In such situation person undoubtedly gains weight no matter how much he struggles to lose some but the other, than in this issue there are other problems such as difficulty in wound healing, easy tiredness, frequent urination. Experts suggest that in case there is diabetes history in your family than one should constantly gets his/her blood glucose checked regularly so as to avoid any problems in future.
These were some medical reasons as to why a person does not lose weight, but other than this there might be several such reasons as to why losing weight becomes a difficult task. Here are a few reasons:-
- When you think you are eating healthy and you are not – One might think that eating “Momos” is good and less fattening as it is steamed, but then they forget that the dough covering is fattening no matter how much steamed it is. Therefore one should not always depend on what is written on the label given on the products. If the label shows low content of fat and carbohydrates, does not always means it is the fact. Many brands these days, just in order to sell their products type down wrong and fake information.
- Too much stress on mind – this is in fact the truth, that whenever you work out with a stressed mind or while you think too much, you can never have a good work out. Therefore it is always suggested that whenever you work out, it should always be with a free mind. So that the muscles are able to take the pressure, but when your muscles are driven by your stressed mind, even they are not able to open up quickly. Therefore, whenever you work out make sure you are listening to such music which is pleasant to your ears and you are able to concentrate on what you are doing.
- Skipping meals – the biggest mistake that most of the people who want to lose weight do is, they skip their meals. Skipping meals is no solution in fact when you miss your meals and the next time when you eat, you tend to eat more than you are hungry. Moreover you have this in your mind that since you’ve not had breakfast and so you are hungry, therefore one should avoid this habit of skipping meals.
- Skipping out breakfast – breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Skipping out breakfast can leave you an empty stomach till afternoon and as mentioned earlier, you will take in more food as usual at lunch, and that is what is going to lead to weight gain for your body. If this habit continues then probably you can never lose weight. So keep a strict check on your diet and try and have food and meals on time.
- Excessive liquid calories – consuming smoothies, shakes, coffee along with cream and sugar, tea, cold drinks and soda can in no way help you in reducing your weight. They help in increasing the weight of those who are lean and thin and are unable to gain weight; one can prefer water, fruit juices, skimmed milk over beverages. An important tip for those who think any drink preferred over food can be beneficial in losing weight. Beverages are such drinks which can help you in gaining weight. Therefore before consuming any drink or preferring any drink over food or any eatable make sure you are not taking in anything which can increase your weight and later on you don’t have to worry about the fact that, had you consumed food other than the drink, would have been better.
Therefore, always be cautious about what you eat. There are times when you are not well or there are certain health constraints which are not good for you. Rather you keep on gaining weight rather than losing, but mostly your weight increasing for the simple reason that you were careless about the food you had. Had you been a little careful you might not have to face health issues. Therefore always keep a strict check on your health and on your diet, both.
If you Like Us then Share Us As Well
You May Also Like to Check These Posts: